Ooey Gooey Caramel Apple Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square pan.
- In a mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat together sugar, oil, cinnamon
and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt, stirring just until blended.
- Stir in apples.
- Pour apple cake batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until cake springs back when touched lightly in the center, about 30
to 40 minutes.
- Pierce cake all over with a fork. Pour hot caramel topping over cake.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream
or whipped topping.
- Caramel Topping: Combine brown sugar, butter, and cream in a heavy saucepan
over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; continue cooking
and stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour caramel topping over hot apple cake.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes