- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Grated rind of 2 oranges
- 1 cup sour milk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Bake in a buttered 13 x 9-inch dish at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes to 1
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix the strained juice of 2 oranges with 1 cup granulated sugar.
- Spread orange-sugar mixture over top of cake.
- When dry, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes