- 1/3 cup (3 1/2 ounces) almond paste
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 medium size ripe, juicy peach
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In food processor or mixer bowl, whirl or beat paste, 1/2 cup of the sugar
and butter until fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Whirl or beat in flour.
- Spread batter in buttered, floured 8-inch diameter cake pan with removable
- Peel, pit and slice peach 1/4 inch thick. Slightly overlap slices on cake;
sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cool on rack; loosen from sides.
- To serve, remove rim and slide cake from base.
Yield: 8 servings