Peach Custard Cake
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 30 ounces canned peaches
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- In a 1 1/2-quart bowl, mix together with a pastry blender until mixture
looks like coarse meal, the flour, salt and butter. With back of spoon, press
mixture firmly on bottom and halfway up sides of buttered 8-inch pan.
- Drain well a 1 pound 14 ounce can of peaches, saving 1/2 cup syrup. Arrange
drained peaches on crust in pan.
- Sprinkle over peaches a mixture of 1/2 cup
sugar and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Bake in 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
- Mix the 1/2 cup peach syrup, 1 slightly beaten egg, and 1 cup Pet evaporated
milk. Pour over peaches.
- Bake for 30 minutes more, or until custard is firm except in center. Center
becomes firm on standing.
- Serve warm or cold.
Posted by Cookin Dad at Recipe Goldmine May 5, 2001.
Source: Posted by Cory 3 May 2000 6:52 pm