- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups fresh peaches (about 3 medium), sliced
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, the salt and baking powder.
- Work in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Pat mixture firmly and evenly in bottom and halfway up sides of ungreased
8-inch square pan.
- Arrange peaches in pan.
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Blend egg yolks and whipping cream; pour over peaches.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until custard is set and edges are light brown.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate any remaining dessert.
Yield: 9 servings
Posted by Pat's Cookin at Recipe Goldmine 10/12/2001 3:55 pm.