Peaches and Cream Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 (3.4 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sliced peaches in syrup, undrained
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed
of an electric mixer until smooth. Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons syrup. Set reserved
- Arrange peach slices over batter. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy, gradually
add 1 cup sugar, beating well.
- Add reserved syrup, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until smooth.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over peaches.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over
cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 10, 2001.
Source: America's Best Recipes 1998