Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10 x 15 x 1-inch
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, 2 cups sugar, baking soda and
salt. Set aside.
- Combine the water and 3/4 cup of butter in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1/2 cup peanut butter and vegetable oil until
well blended. Stir this mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Combine the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla extract; stir into the peanut butter
mixture until well blended.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 to 26 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a wooden pick
inserted near the center comes out clean.
- While the cake bakes, make the frosting. Place 2/3 cup sugar, evaporated
milk, and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook stirring
for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter, marshmallows and vanilla
extract until marshmallows are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Spoon the frosting over the warm cake and spread in an even layer.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes