Picnic Caramel Cake
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, unbeaten
- 1/2 cup nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Soften shortening. Sift in dry ingredients.
- Add milk and mix until flour is dampened; beat 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract, eggs and nuts; beat 1 minute.
- Bake for 35 minutes in prepared pan.
Nutritional information per serving: 211 calories, 10 grams fat, 25 milligrams
cholesterol, 90 milligrams sodium, 28 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams protein, 1 gram
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes