Pineanna Nut Cake
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 ripe bananas, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add oil and eggs. Stir until all dry ingredients are moistened; do not beat.
- Stir in bananas, vanilla extract, pineapple and 1 cup pecans.
- Divide batter evenly among 3 greased and floured 9-inch round pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (375 degrees F for altitudes above 3,500 feet) for
25 to 30 minutes, until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Fill layers, frost sides and top with Cream Cheese Frosting. Sprinkle remaining
pecans on top of cake and serve.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl on medium
speed until smooth.
- Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.