Pineapple Cake with Ginger Frosting
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cake: Beat eggs until light and fluffy, add undrained pineapple.
- Mix by hand (not electric mixer) the flour, sugars and baking soda in with the egg
- Stir in the chopped walnuts and spread in ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Ginger Frosting: Mix softened cream cheese with butter and vanilla extract
with electric mixer.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar and ginger, continue beating until smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake and sprinkle with more walnuts, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes