As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 whole eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with its juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F, and lightly butter a 9 x 13-inch cake
pan; set aside.
- Sift together the cake flour, sugar, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and crushed pineapple and juice; blend to produce a smooth batter.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Mix together the brown sugar and chopped pecans and sprinkle the mixture
evenly over the top of the cake before baking.
- Bake the pineapple cake for about 40 minutes, or until a cake tester can
be cleanly removed from the center of the cake.
- Icing: In a medium saucepan, blend together the confectioners' sugar,
margarine, vanilla extract and sweetened condensed milk. Over moderate heat,
bring the mixture to a boil. Stirring constantly, boil the icing for 5 to 8
- Time your preparation so that you may pour the icing over the hot cake when
it's just finished and out of the oven.
This cake is fantastic served warm or fully cooled.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/13/01 3:31:25 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes