As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Cake: Sift together cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream shortening, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Beat in egg thoroughly.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating just until smooth after each addition.
- Pour into well-greased heat-resistant glass round cake dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 40 minutes.
- Cool slightly in dish. Leave in dish while preparing icing.
- Icing: Mix together all ingredients.
- Carefully spread icing on top of slightly cooled cake.
- Return to the 325 degrees F oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes