Quickie Cake 'n' Cheese Bake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/3 cups plus 1/4 cup granulated sugar (divided)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract (divided)
- 4 eggs (divided)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream (divided)
- Grease and flour bottom of 12 x 8-inch baking pan.
- In small bowl, combine butter, flour, 2/3 cup of the sugar, baking powder,
salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 2 eggs. Beat at medium speed with electric
mixer until well blended. Spread into bottom of pan.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Using same bowl, combine cream cheese, another 2/3 cup sugar, another 1
teaspoon vanilla, remaining 2 eggs and 1/2 cup sour cream. Beat at medium speed
until smooth and creamy. Pour over batter in pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
- While cake is baking, make topping by combining remaining 1 cup sour cream
with remaining 1/4 cup sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and spread with topping. Immediately
loosen from sides of pan with thin metal spatula.
- Cool, chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes