Raspberry Custard Kuchen
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour and salt; cut in butter until the mixture
resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in cream; pat onto the bottom of a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine the sugar and remaining flour; sprinkle over crust.
- Arrange raspberries over crust.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour.
- Stir in eggs, cream and vanilla extract; pour carefully over berries.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 10-12 servings