Red Devil Magic Mayonnaise Cake
Red Devil Magic Mayonnaise Cake, the novelty cake of the 1950s,
became a popular conversation-piece dessert.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold water (or cold coffee for mocha-flavor cake)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Devil's Food Fudge Frosting
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons water or cold coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all cake ingredients in bowl and whisk until very smooth.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 8-inch round pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until wooden pick inserted in center comes out
- Let cool 5 minutes in pan, then turn out and cool completely on wire racks.
- Fill and frost top and sides with Devil's Food Fudge Frosting.
- Devil's Food Fudge Frosting: Combine all ingredients in bowl and beat until
smooth and creamy.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes