Revanie (Greek Yogurt Cake)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 slice lemon
- 1 slice orange
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs, thickly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- Combine water, sugar, lemon and orange slices in small saucepan. Cook at
a slow boil until clear and syrupy. Set aside.
- Mix and sift flour and baking powder.
- Add sugar to eggs gradually, beating constantly, until smooth and thick.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Add orange rind and flour-baking powder mixture; mix until smooth.
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes; remove. Cake will have a delicate
- Pour cool syrup slowly over hot cake until absorbed; cool. Cut cake diagonally
into diamond shapes.
- Serve plain or garnished with diced orange sections, whipped cream, toasted
almonds, chopped pistachio nuts or whatever else you desire.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes