Rose Petal Cake
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon rum or brandy
- 1 tablespoon rosewater
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped rose petals
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Candied rose petals, finely chopped
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix butter or margarine, milk, egg whites, and rum or brandy in a large
- Mix cake flour, salt, baking powder, granulated sugar and almonds in a separate
- Fold wet and dry ingredients together. When mixture is combined fold in
rose petals. Mixture will be slightly lumpy.
- Bake in two greased and floured 9-inch pans for 30 to 35 minutes until a
wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Frosting: Whip whipping cream until soft peaks form. Slowly add extracts
- When combined, fold in almonds and rose petals.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes