Rustic Honey Polenta Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Sweetened whipped cream and orange segments, for optional garnish
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange peel
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13x 9-inch baking pan.
- Cake: In large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- In small bowl, combine melted butter, milk, honey and eggs; mix well. Stir
into flour mixture, mixing until just blended.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until wooden pick comes out
- Meanwhile, prepare Honey Orange Syrup.
- Orange-Honey Syrup: Whisk together honey, orange juice concentrate and orange
peel. Heat over medium-high heat until mixture begins to boil; remove from heat.
- When cake is done, remove from oven to wire rack.
- Pour hot syrup evenly over top of cake, spreading if necessary
to cover entire surface.
- Cool completely.
- Garnish servings with a dollop of whipped cream and orange segments, if
Yield: 12 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 419 cal., 18 g fat, 82 mg chol., 532 mg
sodium, 60 g carb., 2 g dietary fiber, 6 g pro
Recipe credit: National Honey Board
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes