Sour Cherry Cake
- 1 (16 ounce) can sour red cherries
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 rounded teaspoons sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cream shortening and sugar; add eggs and mix well.
- Add sour cream.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cloves, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to shortening-sugar mixture and beat.
- Drain juice from sour cherries. Mix cherries into batter only enough to
slightly break up cherries.
- Pour into 13 x 9-inch pan and bake at 375 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes
or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Frost with your favorite chocolate icing.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes