Sour Cream Blueberry Cake
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease well and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Gradually add to egg mixture, alternating
with sour cream, ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Fold in 1 cup blueberries.
- Pour half the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Cover with remaining 1 cup blueberries.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, then top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove to rack to finish cooling.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes