Sour Cream Peach Kuchen
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter or margarine
- 2 (29 ounce) cans sliced peaches, drained, or 13 small fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt; cut
in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom and line
up the sides of a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Arrange peaches over
- Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine egg yolks and sour cream. Spread evenly over
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top.
- Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until golden.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Yield: 12 servings
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/28/01 6:06:31 am.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.