South Carolina Fresh Peach Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; mix well and set
- Combine eggs, sugar and oil; beat until smooth.
- Add flour mixture; beat
at low speed of electric mixer just until blended (batter will be thick).
- Dredge peaches and pecans in remaining 1/2 cup flour; gently fold into batter.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in
center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into squares to serve; garnish each square with a dollop of whipped
Yields one dozen 3-inch squares.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes