You can frost this cake with a white icing or simply serve it as is.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well. Pour into a buttered
9 x 12-inch pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (or until firm in the middle).
- Cool on a rack before cutting.
Posted by Darlene at Recipe Goldmine 12/14/2001 3:06 am.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes