St. Louis Ooey Gooey
Berry Butter Cake
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- In a mixer bowl, beat butter, sugar, and 1 egg until pale and thickened.
- Beat in sour cream.
- Combine flour, baking powder and soda, then beat into butter mixture until
- Spread evenly in a buttered and floured 9-inch cake pan with a removable
- Bake in a 350 degrees F oven until cake is pale golden and springs back slightly
when gently pressed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in bowl beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and remaining egg
- Spread over cake and arrange berries on top.
- Bake until edges of topping are set and lightly browned, but center still
jiggles when pan is gently shaken, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely on a rack.
- Loosen from rim with a knife, then push out.
- Serve, or if making ahead, chill airtight up to one day.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/10/01 5:50:31 pm.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes