Strawberry Banana Cream Cake
- 1 store-bought angel food cake
- 2 cups cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 pints fresh strawberries (or
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen berries, thawed
- 1 to 2 bananas, diced small
- In a cold bowl with cold beaters, whip cream and sugar to stiff peaks, then
fold in sour cream.
- Using a long, serrated knife, split cake into four layers horizontally.
- To 1 cup whipped cream/sour cream mixture, add 1/2 cup diced strawberries
and 1/2 cup diced bananas.
- Fill and frost layers. Use remaining whipped cream/sour cream mixture to
frost outside of the entire cake.
- Garnish with leftover strawberries and bananas.
- Chill at least 4 hours.
- You may have to touch up frosted areas as cake firms.
- At serving, press more bananas around bottom edge of the cake.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings