Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 1 cup (about 5 ounces) chocolate cookie or chocolate Graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 2 pint baskets California strawberries, stemmed and halved
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup water 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In bowl, mix crumbs and butter to blend thoroughly. Press evenly onto bottom
of 9-inch springform pan. Stand strawberry halves, touching, side-by-side, pointed
ends up with cuts sides against side of pan; set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in blender container.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, mix water and corn syrup; bring to boil
and simmer 1 minute. Immediately pour over chocolate chips and blend until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in large mixer bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups of the cream to form stiff
peaks. With rubber spatula, fold cooled chocolate into whipped cream to blend
- Pour into prepared pan; level top. (Points of strawberries might extend
above chocolate mixture.) Cover and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
- Up to 2 hours before serving, in medium mixer bowl, beat remaining one cup
cream to form soft peaks. Add sugar; beat to form stiff peaks.
- Remove side of pan; place cake on serving plate. Pipe or dollop whipped
cream onto top of cake. Arrange remaining halved strawberries on whipped cream.
- To serve, cut into wedges with thin knife, wiping blade between cuts.
Yield: 12 servings
Nutritional Information: 406 calories; 30 g fat; 76 mg cholesterol; 153 mg
sodium; 36 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 5 g protein
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
California Strawberry Commission
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes