Strawberry Fudge Cake (T&T)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 (15.15 ounce) packages chocolate chunk fudge brownie mix
- 2/3 cup canola oil (I used melted butter)
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 teaspoons strawberry extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup strawberry ice cream topping from a jar*
- 2 (16 ounce) cans vanilla frosting**
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
* I used low-sugar strawberry spread - not to save calories or sugar -
obviously, this recipe is a "lost cause" already, but just because it seemed
like it'd have a more natural strawberry taste. - LuAnn
** I used whipped vanilla frosting, to which I added a small amount of
almond extract. I also used chocolate syrup in garnishing the cake. - LuAnn
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking
- In bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, oil (or butter), 1/3 cup water and extract.
Beat at medium speed until blended, 1 minute; stir in chips.
- Divide batter between pans. Bake 35 minutes or until toothpicks inserted
into centers comes out with crumbs clinging.
- Puree strawberry topping until smooth. Poke holes into hot cakes; spread
with topping. Cool in pans 30 minutes on racks.
- Run knife around edges of cakes. Remove from pans; cool completely.
- Place one cake layer on serving plate; spread with 1 1/2 cups frosting.
Top with remaining layer. Spread top and side with remaining frosting. If desired,
transfer 1 1/2 cups additional frosting to pastry bag fitted with large star
tip; pipe rosettes onto cake. Garnish with strawberries. (I also drizzled chocolate
syrup in a zigzag pattern around the top edge of the frosted cake, allowing
it to drip down the sides of the cake).
Yield: 16 servings
I won't spoil the fun by adding the nutrition facts!! If you can manage to
cut thin enough servings, the damage won't be TOO bad!
Posted by LuAnn at recipegoldmine.com.
Source: Woman's World magazine, May 24, 2004
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes