Strawberry Layered Cake
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pint whipping cream
- Red food coloring (if desired)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat half-and-half in a saucepan until boiling, add butter and set aside.
- In bowl blend sugar, vanilla extract and eggs, beat on high with mixer until
mixture is very light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt, add egg mixture, then
add half-and-half mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour batter into a well greased and floured springform pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted into center of
cake comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and remove from pan. Let cool completely.
- Cut cake into three even layers. Brush away any loose crumbs. Place on serving
- Whip the cream cheese until very smooth, add the powdered sugar and whipping
cream, beating until mixture is creamy, smooth and fluffy. You may add a few
drops of food coloring if desired to tint frosting.
- Spread frosting between each layer, place sliced strawberries on each layer.
- Spread remaining frosting on top and sides of assembled cake.
- Garnish with strawberries on top and on sides.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes