Strawberry Layered Cake
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pint whipping cream
- Red food coloring (if desired)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat half-and-half in a saucepan until boiling, add butter and set aside.
- In bowl blend sugar, vanilla extract and eggs, beat on high with mixer until
mixture is very light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt, add egg mixture, then
add half-and-half mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour batter into a well greased and floured springform pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted into center of
cake comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and remove from pan. Let cool completely.
- Cut cake into three even layers. Brush away any loose crumbs. Place on serving
- Whip the cream cheese until very smooth, add the powdered sugar and whipping
cream, beating until mixture is creamy, smooth and fluffy. You may add a few
drops of food coloring if desired to tint frosting.
- Spread frosting between each layer, place sliced strawberries on each layer.
- Spread remaining frosting on top and sides of assembled cake.
- Garnish with strawberries on top and on sides.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes