Strawberry Marshmallow Cake
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sliced strawberries
- 1 small box strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease bottom only of a 13 x 9-inch
pan. Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over bottom of pan.
- Thoroughly combine completely thawed berries and sugar with dry gelatin;
- In large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Blend at low speed
until moistened. Beat for 3 minutes at medium speed, scraping sides of bowl
- Pour batter evenly over marshmallows in prepared pan.
- Spoon berry mixture over batter.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes