Strawberry Short-Cut Cake
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 boxes frozen strawberries, thawed (or 2 1/2 cups sliced and partly mashed fresh strawberries, sweetened to taste)
- 1 box strawberry gelatin
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening (not liquid)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Grease the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan. Do not grease the sides. Spread
marshmallows over bottom of pan. Even though the recipe calls for 1 cup marshmallows,
you can use up to 2 cups.
- Mix the strawberries and gelatin and set aside.
- Make a batter of the remaining ingredients and spread over marshmallows.
- Dribble strawberry and gelatin mixture over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick Comes
out clean. The marshmallows go to the top to form a glaze and the strawberries
go to the bottom and are thickened with the gelatin without coloring the batter.
Posted by Rudy2 at Recipe Goldmine 11/28/2001 5:22 am.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes