Strawberry Shortcake Squares
Strawberry Shortcake Squares are so easy to make that you will make them often when strawberries are in season.
- 3 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups sliced fresh strawberries (about 2 pounds)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of 13 x 9-inch pan with
shortening; lightly flour (or spray pan with baking spray with flour).
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30
seconds, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream on high speed until soft peaks
form; set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract on medium
speed until well blended.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Frost top of cooled cake with whipped cream mixture.
- If desired, frosted cake can be refrigerated up to 6 hours.
- To serve, cut cake into squares; place on individual dessert plates. Top
Prep time 30 Min | Total time 1 Hr 30 Min | Servings 15
Make it with peaches, kiwifruit, raspberries or your favorite fruit combo.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 340 (Calories from
Fat 170), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g), Cholesterol 75mg;
Sodium 380mg; Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 21g), Protein 5g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10.00%; Vitamin C 35.00%; Calcium 8.00%;
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 3 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate
Choices: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker