Surprising Carrot Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in own juice, undrained
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup coconut (optional)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl mix well the eggs, mayonnaise, pineapple and its juice,
carrots, walnuts, raisins and coconut, if using.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt and sugar.
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet by hand just until mixed - don't over-beat.
- Bake at 350 degrees F in greased and floured pan (2 (9-inch) pans or 1 (9
x 13-inch) pan for 30 to 35 minutes.
- When completely cool, frost and refrigerate.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes