The Ultimate Chocolate Cake
A very moist and delicious cake.
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/3 cups water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour bottoms of 2 (9-inch) layer
- Mix first 4 ingredients, set aside.
- In a large bowl with mixer at high speed beat the next 3 ingredients 3 minutes
or until light and fluffy. At low speed, beat in mayonnaise.
- Add flour mixture in 4 additions alternately with water, beginning and ending
- Pour into pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove cakes from pans and cool completely on racks.
- Frost cake with your favorite frosting.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.