The Ultimate Chocolate Cake
A very moist and delicious cake.
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/3 cups water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour bottoms of 2 (9-inch) layer
- Mix first 4 ingredients, set aside.
- In a large bowl with mixer at high speed beat the next 3 ingredients 3 minutes
or until light and fluffy. At low speed, beat in mayonnaise.
- Add flour mixture in 4 additions alternately with water, beginning and ending
- Pour into pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove cakes from pans and cool completely on racks.
- Frost cake with your favorite frosting.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes