Tomato Soup Cake
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cream margarine and sugar.
- Mix baking soda with tomato soup and add to creamed mixture, then mix.
- Add salt and egg and continue beating.
- Sift together flour, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and cinnamon and add
to first mixture.
- Add raisins and walnuts, if desired, and mix well.
- Bake in a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch or 10 x 8-inch pan for 60 minutes
at 375 degrees F. Cake is done when a wooden pick inserted in the center comes
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes