Tradewinds Pineapple Chocolate Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 small box coconut cream instant pudding
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (9 ounce) container whipped dairy topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Beat first 9 ingredients in large mixing bowl on low speed, scraping sides
of bowl, until blended. Beat at high speed, scraping sides occasionally for an
additional 3 minutes.
- Bake in a 13 x 9-inch cake pan for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Punch holes all over top of cake with handle of a wooden spoon.
- Bring pineapple and sugar to boil. Cool.
- Mix pudding as directed.
- Pour pineapple mixture, then pudding, whipped topping, coconut and pecans
over the top of the cake, in that order.
- Keep refrigerated.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes