Two-Egg Treasure Cake
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Spry
- 1 cup less 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, unbeaten
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into mixing bowl.
- Drop in Spry.
- Add 2/3 of milk, then vanilla extract, and beat 200 strokes (2 minutes on mixer
at low speed). Scrape bowl and spoon or or beater.
- Add eggs and remaining milk and beat 200 strokes (2 minutes on mixer at
- Bake in two deep 8-inch Spry-coated layer pans at 375 degrees F for 25 to
- Spread your favorite fudge frosting between layers on on top.
Source: Spry shortening label (a long time ago!)
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes