Ultimate Chocolate Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- Few drops red food coloring
- 3 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups ice water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 6 tablespoons Crisco
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cake: Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and sugar, then add vanilla extract, eggs, food coloring
and melted chocolate.
- Mix in flour and water alternately.
- Bake in a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch pan for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Frosting: Beat all together until fluffy. Spread over cooled cake.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes