Ultimate One-Bowl Chocolate Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking
soda and salt.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla extract; mix for 2 minutes on medium
speed of mixer.
- Stir in the boiling water last. Batter will be thin.
- Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the cake tests done with a wooden pick.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost with your favorite chocolate frosting.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes