Velvet Crumb Cake
Velvet Crumb Cake is one of those fast, easy and delicious cakes made from a baking mix.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick® Original baking mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or water
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan or a
9-inch round pan.
- Cake: Beat all ingredients in a large bowl on low speed
30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed for 4 minutes,
scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean; cool slightly.
- Topping: spread over cake. Set oven control to broil.
Broil about 3 inches from heat for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 38 mins | Yield: 8 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Use a 9 -inch
square pan. Decrease baking mix to 1 1/3 cups and add 1/3 cup all-purpose flour.
Increase milk to 2/3 cup. Bake for about 25 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes