Warm Almond-Cherry Cake
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pie plate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pie plate
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen cherries, thawed and dried
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate
(4-cup capacity). Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in almond extract.
- With mixer on low, blend in flour mixture (do not over-mix).
- Transfer batter to prepared pie plate and scatter cherries and almonds on top.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 45
to 50 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: about 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes