This cake appears in a number of old Western recipe books.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange bits
- Red food coloring
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream sugar and butter until well mixed. Add milk and mix well for at least
2 minutes at medium-high speed.
- In a separate bowl, blend baking powder, salt and flour. Add to sugar mixture,
slowly mixing all the while.
- Fold in lemon or orange bits.
- Separate batter into two bowls and set one aside.
- In the second bowl add a few drops of red food coloring. Mix and add until
a nice pink color appears.
- Fold in raisins to the pink-colored mixture.
- Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans.
- Pour half the white batter around the outside edge of each of the cake pans.
- Pour the pink batter into the middle of each pan.
- Ap the pans lightly to ensure the colors merge.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes