White Chocolate Mud Cake
- 1 cup butter, chopped
- 1 pound white chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
White Chocolate Ganache
- 1/2 cup cream
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped coarsely
- Grease a deep 9-inch round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper.
- Cake: Combine butter, chocolate, sugar and milk in medium saucepan; stir over
low heat, without boiling, until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl; cool 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk sifted flours into mixture, then stir in extract and eggs. Pour mixture
into prepared pan; bake for 1 hour.
- Cover pan with foil; bake another 45 minutes.
- Stand cake in pan 30 minutes; turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- Spread top and sides of cold cake with White Chocolate Ganache.
- White Chocolate Ganache: Bring cream to a boil in small saucepan; pour over
chocolate in small bowl, stirring until chocolate melts.
- Cover; refrigerate, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes or until spreadable.