White Ivory Cream Cake
- 8 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
Filling and Frosting
- 1 1/2 pounds white chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Garnish: White macadamia nuts and strawberries or raspberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour 2 (9-inch) cake pans.
- Cake: In a double boiler, melt the white chocolate over hot, not
simmering, water. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- On low speed, add the melted chocolate and the vanilla extract.
- In three additions, on low speed, alternately
beat in the flour mixture and the milk. Beat until just smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until
the top is golden and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set the cake pans on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- Invert the cakes onto the racks to cool completely.
- Filling and Frosting: Place the white chocolate in a medium
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups of the cream and the butter
to a simmer. Pour over the chocolate. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes, then
stir until smooth.
- Refrigerate the white chocolate mixture until firm enough to spread, about
- To Assemble: Spread the bottom layer with 1 cup of the chilled white chocolate
- Arrange the chopped macadamia nuts over the filling, and top with the
second cake layer.
- In a medium bowl, beat the remaining 1 cup cream until firm peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the remaining white chocolate mixture. Spread this
over the top and sides of the cake.
- Arrange whole macadamia nuts around the rim and base of the cake.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish each piece with a fanned strawberry or raspberries.
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine 11/10/2001 7:11 am.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.