White Texas Sheet Cake
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- Mix shortening, sugar and egg whites together until fluffy.
- Add baking soda, salt and flour.
- Mix together the 1 3/4 cups buttermilk, vanilla extract and almond extract.
Add to the first mixture.
- Bake in greased and floured 17-inch jellyroll pan at 350 degrees F for 20
to 25 minutes.
- Ice while warm.
- Mix margarine, the 1/3 cup buttermilk and confectioners' sugar together.
- Sprinkle coconut on top or can be mixed into icing (can use half of the icing
recipe and it makes a nice glaze for the cake).
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes