Wildflower Honey Cake
The wildflower honey gives this cake a marvelous flavor!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup wildflower honey
- 1/2 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon clove
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint strawberries, quartered
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint raspberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- Cream butter and whisk in honey, yogurt, sour cream, and one-fourth of the
- Mix flours, salt, baking soda, clove, and walnuts.
- Combine ingredients softly. Do not whip or beat.
- Butter an 8-inch square pan.
- Pour batter into pan and bake at 350 degrees
F for 45 minutes until skewer comes out clean.
- Cool and unmold onto cake rack.
- Cut into 1 inch by 1 inch squares.
- Berry Compote: Combine fruit, mint, and remaining lemon juice with raspberry
- Serve cake topped with compote.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 8/4/2001 8:05 am.