Zucchini Fudge Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 1/2 cups prepared chocolate frosting
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating
well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed
mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-inch round baking pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until cakes test done.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove cakes from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost between layers and top and sides of cake.
Yield: 12 to 14 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes