This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
A Peach of a Shortcake
A Peach of a Shortcake features a mascarpone cheese filling.
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- Melted butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Wisconsin Mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 cups sliced peaches
- In large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles
coarse crumbs. Add half-and-half; mix gently until dough forms. Form into a ball.
Transfer dough to floured surface; knead for 30 seconds. Pat dough into rectangle,
1/2 inch thick. Using 3 inch round cookie cutter, cut 12 biscuits, using all dough.
Arrange biscuits on lightly greased cookie sheet. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool.
- For filling, combine Mascarpone cheese and brown sugar.
- To serve, split each biscuit and spread half with 1 tablespoon filling. Add layer
of peaches and cover with other biscuit half. Top with dollop of filling; garnish
with peach slices or raspberries.
Yield: 12 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin