Almond Shortcakes with Strawberry-Rhubarb Sauce
A delightful fruit dessert made using Original Bisquick® mix - almond shortcakes served with strawberry-rhubarb sauce and a dollop of whipped cream! A sweet treat!
- 3 cups cut-up fresh rhubarb (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 pint (2 cups) fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 3/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Whipped cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat rhubarb, 1 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon water to boiling
over medium-high heat.
- In small bowl, mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water; stir into rhubarb
mixture. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally,
until rhubarb is tender.
- Cool sauce about 30 minutes.
- Stir in strawberries.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 cup milk and the
butter until soft dough forms. Press in bottom of pan; brush with milk. Sprinkle
with 1 teaspoon sugar and the almonds.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from pan; cut into wedges. Split wedges horizontally.
- Fill and top shortcakes with sauce; top with whipped cream.
Prep time 10 Min | Total time 50 Min | Servings 8
If you prefer to make individual shortcakes, decrease the amount of baking mix
to 2 1/3 cups and drop the dough into 6 mounds onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake
11 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Fill and top with sauce.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 370 Calories from Fat
100) Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g Trans Fat 1 1/2g) Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium
540mg Total Carbohydrate 64g (Dietary Fiber 3g Sugars 34g) Protein 5g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4.00%; Vitamin C 25.00%; Calcium 20.00%;
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 4
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.