Baked Strawberry Shortcake
Baked Strawberry Shortcake is surely the easiest shortcake you will ever make!
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sliced strawberries, completely thawed
- 1 small box strawberry gelatin
- 2 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup solid shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease bottom only of a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Sprinkle at least 1 cup of the marshmallows evenly over bottom of pan.
- Thoroughly combine thawed strawberries and syrup with gelatin; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Blend on low speed until
moistened; beat for 3 minutes at medium speed. Pour batter evenly over marshmallows
in pan. Spoon strawberry mixture over batter.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in
center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold with ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe credit: Betty Crocker
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.