Baked Strawberry Shortcake
Baked Strawberry Shortcake is surely the easiest shortcake you will ever make!
1 to 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sliced
strawberries, completely thawed
1 small box strawberry gelatin
2 1/4 cups
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup solid shortening
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease bottom only of a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Sprinkle at least 1 cup of the marshmallows evenly over bottom of pan.
- Thoroughly combine thawed strawberries and syrup with gelatin; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Blend on low speed until
moistened; beat for 3 minutes at medium speed. Pour batter evenly over marshmallows
in pan. Spoon strawberry mixture over batter.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in
center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold with ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe used with permission from