Banana Split Shortcakes
Take strawberry shortcakes to the next level with tender shortcakes filled with
ice cream and topped just like a banana split.
- 2 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pint (2 cups) vanilla ice cream
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup chocolate fudge topping, heated
- Whipped topping, if desired
- Maraschino cherries, if desired
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix Bisquick mix, sugar and cocoa in medium bowl. Stir in butter and milk until
soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by 6 spoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until knife inserted in center of shortcake comes out
clean. Cool 5 minutes.
- Split warm shortcakes. Fill with ice cream, strawberries, bananas and fudge topping.
Top with whipped topping, cherries and, if desired, additional fudge topping.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker/General Mills